What we do & do not accept.
- Wash all items before bringing them on site.
- separate glass by colour.
- Brown and blue glass go together.
- Green glass and clear glass are stored separately.
- We accept plastics #1 & #2 only.
- Paper bin can include egg cartons, cereal boxes, general paper.
- Cardboard must be flattened and have no plastic, polystyrene or strapping tape.
- There is a fee to use our recycling facility – you can find them here.
Please do not:
- Throw your items into the bins, this becomes a hazard.
- Place rubbish intended for landfill into the recycing bins, this will contaminate the load making it non viable for recycling.
- We do not accept plastics #3, #4, #5, #6, #7. This is due to the change in the China Sword. You can find more information here.
- Paper bound with other materials, i.e wire binding.
- Paper wrapped in plastic, i.e magazines.
- Coffee cups, of any type.
Yes please, Clean and green.
Yes please, clean blue & brown.
Yes please, clean and clear.
No thank you, Household items such as microwave plates, pyrex dishes or jugs. Household glass ware.
No thank you – Windows, broken window panes etc.