At Waiuku Zero Waste, we accept glass, paper, cardboard, cans and plastics 1 and 2 for recycling.
Due to the 2019 changes to recycling commodities these are now taken for a small fee. You can find our fees here.
Please make sure that:
- Your items have been washed (including pet food containers!)
- We accept plastics 1 (clear bottles) and 2 (milk bottles and some janitorial bottles). We do not accept plastics 3-7 any longer.
- If they’re crushable, they’re crushed (including beer cans)
- All your bottles have their lids off. You’ll find separate containers for wine lids and beer lids.
- You put items in the right bins. One wrongly placed bottle can ruin a whole container-load. Clear bottles only go with clear bottles. Green in the green container, brown and blue glass bottles go together into one bin, though.
- Aluminium cans go in the aluminium bin, tin cans in the steel can bin.
- We don’t take cling film, food wrappers or chippy packets.
- ‘Paper’ can include egg cartons, fruit trays and single thickness cardboard items, like cereal boxes. Please don’t put plastic wrapped paper or metal bound paper items in this bin.